Monday 3 February 2014

Week One

This week has been tough. Full of ups and downs. The diet has been tough. However I am now on day 7 so thats 1/8th down! The shakes are actually starting to grow on me, but I cannot get my head around the soups and porridge. Hopefully next week they will let me just have 4 shakes a day rather than having to have at least 1 soup with them. You can either have the shakes with milk and ice or as a hot drink - how exciting can it get?! 

I think the next part to add into my regime is the gym programme. My energy levels are not too bad - the evenings are the worst, so I think the time to get to the gym is actually in the evening. Any distraction from food and the pizza box can certainly not be bad! 

Last week was the first week EVER, that I wrote up all the lectures that I had! That was DEFINITELY a good feeling and one that I hope to continue this week. I still have a lot of work to catch up on but this is definitely the first step. I’ve got some examinations in a couple of weeks, they don’t count for anything, but they are still a good bench mark to see where I am at! Might actually consider trying to revise for them, but let’s not get ahead of myself…

In other news, I had rehearsals this weekend for my next musical project. My University are putting on High School Musical with a couple of the local schools in the area and the MD asked me to be part of the band! There is nothing I enjoy more than the process of rehearsals and hearing the songs for the first time when the whole band comes together. My part isn’t the most exciting, but its the experience as a whole which makes it so special. Show week is next week, along with my Concert, so tomorrow is going to be a piano-heavy week! 


I have come to realise that the next 8 weeks are going to be very boring. However, I also need to change my pattern of thinking because they will only be as boring as I make them. Because I have associated ‘fun’ and ‘reward’ with food for so long, stripping it from my life automatically makes me think I cannot do the same things I used to. The perfect example is going out for coffee on a weekend morning and doing my work in a coffee shop. I immediately think that I can no longer do this because I cannot drink coffees for the next 12 weeks. However, what I need to realise is that I can still do this, but I just go out and have a fruit tea instead! It’s all a matter of perspective. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment